JIRA Upgradation

VIKAS SADAVARTE January 10, 2018

Hello Team

We would like to use JIRA as a mechanism by which the users can raise project requests and remove the current SharePoint process. We don’t want this to overlap with the current JIRA as this would get too messy so it needs to stand alone in its own space but somehow allow linking to our Project for tracking.

Ideally the system should be able upload a template that outlines the project with its different characteristics based on questions on the template and answered by the user. The same set of questions contained in the SharePoint request can be re-used.

Project id : 8831A EMEA_RISK_FIN TECH PROJECT

11 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

You've now changed the question again, introducing new things before explaining what was wrong with the original.  It is totally unclear what you are trying to do, or where you are in the process.  You've now pointed us at a Cloud add-on, but you look like you're working on a Server install.

So, please, keep it simple and focus:

Can you tell us Cloud or Server to start with?

It looks like you are trying to get Jira to create issues from incoming emails.  Is that correct?  If so, how far through https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-861253784.html  have you got and where are you stuck?

If you are not trying to create issues from emails, then can you explain what you are doing?

0 votes
VIKAS SADAVARTE January 22, 2018

Team, I am stuck on first step, its very technical, can anyone from your team get in touch with me for integrating JIRA with mail box

Meanwhile through Google got below link of CMP, is it fine if we raise request through below CMP for integrating JIRA with mail box

http://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.catworkx.jira.plugins.outlook2jira/overview

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

We are trying to help you, but you do not appear to be doing anything that we are suggesting that you try.  Please, tell use where you are stuck and where you have done something differently to Atlassin's docs.

0 votes
VIKAS SADAVARTE January 22, 2018

Team, can you share any contact person details, Tasks seems to be technical to me, I being non technical not able to get the exact details or else you can reach me on +447405513903 for details

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2018

We are trying to help you, but you do not appear to be doing anything that we are suggesting that you try.Please, tell use where you are stuck and where you have done something differently to Atlassin's docs.

0 votes
VIKAS SADAVARTE January 19, 2018

Thanks but who will help me in configurating JIRA request on our group mail box. Is there any contact person whom I can get in touch to config JIRA creation with our group mail box.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018
0 votes
VIKAS SADAVARTE January 11, 2018

Template means a format (may be excel or word file) containing list of items to create new JIRA in system

Also let me know how to set JIRA to read our mail. Pls provide steps or procedures

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018

To answer some of it, yes, you can set up Jira to read emails you send it and create issues from them.

I don't understand what you mean by "template" or what behaviour you are looking for.

0 votes
VIKAS SADAVARTE January 11, 2018

Is there any system or mail id where we can upload any template and get the JIRA raised, if yes let us know the mail id and template to raise any new JIRA and update any existing one

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2018

There's no real question here.

Suggest an answer