JIRA Integration

tirupam1479 May 12, 2021

Hi Team,

We were trying to connect Jira integration from Hub, but we are getting API service unavailable error.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Tirupam

8 answers

0 votes
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2021

Hey @tirupam1479
If you want to give an addon a try.

Here is how you can do it.

Follow the steps of the following guide:

Ps: I work at Exalate

Let me know if this helps you finally get the tools in sync

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Off the top of my head, I don't know what github is expecting it to be.  

Some systems that have Jira integrations know where the api is given just the base url of a Jira, others need it spelled out to them.

Have a look at the github integration docs (the section on getting it to talk to Jira), they should tell you if github is expecting the base url or what part of the api it needs spelled out.

0 votes
tirupam1479 May 13, 2021

Hi Nic,

Can you please let me know, what is the Jira API url for my Jira instance?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

So the github side is in error.  That tells us that the connection parameters you are giving github are wrong so it can't connect (or possibly that your network is not allowing the connection, but as I can see your Jira on the internet, I think that's unlikely)

0 votes
tirupam1479 May 12, 2021

Hi Nic,

Can you please find attached screenshots?image (1).pngImage (2).png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

And what end of the integration is showing the error?  And is there more to the error than "unavailable"?

0 votes
tirupam1479 May 12, 2021

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your quick response. here hub means Github.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

Which end of the integration is giving you the error, and what do you mean by "hub"?

Suggest an answer