JIRA Dashboard for Project progress tracking

Mayuresh Athalekar July 30, 2021

How do i setup a Dashboard with certain specific metrices that i will help team to identify their progress ?

I had a quick overview around apps that are available like burndown/up. It will a great help few other aspects like blockers, Defect trends etc.

Is there way to customize the requirement in easy manner rather than spending time in writing macros or a code base output ?

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Hi @mayuresh athalekar

adding to the great information Kishan posted I believe, while it is a basic requirement, it depends on the team what they want to see and which kind of representation of the data is the best for them.

Some time ago there was a blog post published by Atlassian which in my opinion gives a lot of inspiration. If you want to read and compare if this is useful for the metrics your team wants to see you can have a look here:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/5-steps-to-build-a-killer-dashboard

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Chris Boys August 3, 2021

Hi @mayuresh athalekar 

How did you go defining what you need and researching the marketplace?  @Daniel Ebers thanks for the link to the post on how to build a killer dashboard.  I hadn't seen it; really cool and totally on point.

I’m new to the community and marketplace with our app, so I thought I'd introduce Umano’s Team Performance Summary.

It powers up more team insights by connecting your Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence and Chat (Slack or mattermost presently). In this way we map how your agile delivery team designs, builds, reviews and engages for your sprint or kanban intervals. 

Your team can track how they're currently performing this iteration, relative to how they 'usually' perform (benchmarked against your rolling median) and view back as far as they need to see the impact of any experiments they’re applying to improve they way they deliver.  

Theres a suite of agile success metrics there and more on their way. Summaries can also be exported via email.

Being new, we'd naturally love your feedback so feel free to get in touch via chat @umano.tech

Deliver well,
Chris

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2021

Hi Mayuresh, have you explored the out of the box gadgets available in JIRA already ? eg: - Created vs Resolved Chart, Issue Statistics, Issues in progress, Pie Chart, Sprint Burndown Gadget. You can use them as well to track number of issues, their status, sprint burndown chart to track remaining work etc. Or are you looking for third party plugins ?

Suggest an answer