Issue key is missed after a bulk error 500

Legna Garcia June 5, 2018

Hi folks,

After a bulk error 500, we are not able to see the external issues ID. It is always showing up the internal ID when getting the test result by "Search Test Execution" option in Zephyr. 

How to reproduce it:

1. Go to search for issues option and select the test cases to bulk by a JQL sentence.

2. Bulking change labels by selecting "add to exiting" + the correspondent "label" to bulk

3. Wait until the process is successfully done.

4. Click the latest option in order to close the bulk process 

5. Make sure the message thrown after step 4 is an error 500.

6. Go to "Search Test Execution" and filter the test cases making sure there are test involved during the bulk process.

Current result:

--> The KEY column doens't show the external id for all the result grid. Understanding by "External ID" the Id with project prefix like XXX-1234. The grid result shows only internal id (only numbers) for test cases that were bulked. Find the screen shoot attached.

How can be the bulk process damage the Issue KEY? If you open the ticket into a new tab, the key is correctly displayed.

image (3).png

5 answers

0 votes
Legna Garcia June 7, 2018

Hi @Vishnukumar Vasudevan

I cannot open the link.. 

AtlsLinkError.png

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2018

Oh.. didn't know it's cloud. In cloud, you wouldn't see the option since JIRA does it whenever needed. 

Please read this thread - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-CLOUD-indexing-missing/qaq-p/614235 

>> JIRA now re-indexes sites and projects automatically, so Indexing and Re-indexing have been removed.

0 votes
Legna Garcia June 6, 2018

Hi @Vishnukumar Vasudevan, how can I re-index Jira? it is cloud version.

0 votes
Legna Garcia June 6, 2018

@Vishnukumar Vasudevan How can I do that?

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2018

Sounds like corrupted index. Did you try full re-indexing ? 

Suggest an answer