Is Jeti Right for my use case?

LisaG November 5, 2021

Trying to determine if JETI is right for my use case.  We are new to JIRA and are using it as a ticketing system in which we need to email with external parties (non JIRA users).  For every issue that is raised, we need to have sidebar conversations with other external parties to make a determination on how to go back to the original reporter. In the out of the box JIRA solution, I foresee that we could create linked tickets to have those side bar conversations. However there are times (frequently) when we will need to go back through email conversations and determine who was copied on what communication.  With just the standard out of the box JIRA, the body of the email you send is in in the comment and whoever is in the Reporter and requested participants field is who that email is going to go to.  But at anytime you could add a party or delete a party from the the requested participants field, or change the reporter field all together and its not very easy to understand who was on that particular part of the conversation should it have to be audited.  You have to go into the history and sort of map it out. Of the high level information that I can find about JETI plug in there would be an "email" tab added to the ticket that would house these communication and would function just like an inbox does. You could email attachments to different parties etc.  In an ideal world, I'd have 1 ticket for an issue but be able to email out on that ticket to various parties and keep all of that communication in that one ticket. Then the "comment" field on the ticket would be used just for internal notes about the ticket.  I don't even need all the automation and canned functionality that I've seen JETI has!   I just just need everything to be together and organized when trying to figure out how we reached a certain decision and hold all the communication in an easy to summarize fashion.  Our current state is we have an outlook inbox that is being use that we have "folders" for each "issue" and so all communication related to that "issue" is stored in that folder.  I envision JETI as the equivalent to that in one ticket.     Can anyone confirm if my understanding of this plug in is correct? 

2 answers

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Hi @LisaG ,

Welcome to the community. 

I think, JETI should do what you need. You can send emails to different third parties and all emails will be in the email tab. If the someone respond to an email, this will also be added to the issue.

0 votes
Attila Bódis November 5, 2021

Hi @LisaG

I agree with @Bastian Stehmann, JETI can do this. I suggest you to get a trial license, and try it on your Jira instance! :) 

If you have any questions about JETI settings, feel free to browse the documentation here: https://metainf.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JETIC/overview, or contact our support team at https://metainf.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/2

Best regards,

Attila

Suggest an answer