If you could improve one thing about Jira, what would it be and why?

Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hi all :)

If you could improve one thing about Jira, what would it be and why?

I'm curious to see what the biggest pain point is for Jira admins and users.
Please specify if using server or cloud.

Thank you,
Mo

3 comments

Comment

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

I personally would love to see Jira stop using the term "Project".  It's so confusing for new users who always think they need to create a new Project for each new piece of work.

Also I'd like to see

• Resolution Schemes
  • More functionality around Releases, including configurable workflows.  Also please standardise the terminology, is it "Versions" or "Releases" !?
Like # people like this
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Resolution Scheme currently has a suggestion ticket here and currently gathering feedback

I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward.

Like # people like this
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

A better way to delegate more "admin" level functions to project admins. There is a very big gap between "project administrator" and "Jira Administrator" would love to be able to delegate certain administrative functions to project admins. (I know there are some addons that can help, but would be nice in Jira.

For example, why cant project admins see the "permission helper" and "notification helper" tools. 

If a custom field has a context limited to their project, allow them to update the context. (or even better be able to "delagate" a certain context to allow other users to edit it. So if someone wants to add something to a select list, they dont need to be a jira admin to do it.

I am sure there are lots of other cases.

Like # people like this
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2020

Permission Helper for project admins is a great suggestion!

We do have the suggestion tickets for this created here but there haven't been many users who have voted/requested for it :

I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward. 

Like # people like this
Regan Vanden Boogard February 7, 2020

I would love to be able to 

1. collapse/expand the backlog item in a classic project like i can the sprint groupings (vs having to hide the stories
  2. maybe it is there but being able to email myself a report in a rolling month or 6 month time frame to revisit items i've designated in a specific state
  3. Bulk transition or edit issues in a backlog.  I just find having to find them in the issues list makes it less efficient
  4. more control over a kanban backlog more similar to scrum control 
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events