Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Ideal Setup for AAA Game Development: Condundrum :)

Hi everyone,

I'd like to pick your brain about what you think would be the best JIRA set-up when it comes to a several year long AAA game project. The objective being to use JIRA to its maximum potential for Sprints, Planning, Tracking and Reporting across the board.

I used JIRA in the past but mostly for BUG reporting.

I've just joined a new company developing a AAA project in terms of size and ambition and would like to build the foundation for proper communication and project management.

I've been scrambling my head around several, potential set-ups but can't really seem to make a decision at this stage on the path to follow, especially when it comes to defining PROJECTS.

Should I create one and only project (the game)? Or should I create one project per major milestone (FPP, Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta...)? Or should these be Epics instead?

When it comes to creating a Scrum Project, should it be team managed or company managed (to be fair, I have trouble seeing the difference)?

Thanks for the advice and support!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,446 views 37 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you