How track time log for a defect that is worked by multiple developers

Sandeep April 6, 2021

If there is any defect assigned to a developer and he/she has logged time in that ticket, later that defect is assigned to some other developer.
In that case the time log for previous developer will be shown for the latest developer assigned.
For bugs and stories, we use to create subtasks and log time there for previous developer but it cannot happen with defects or subtaks.
So the question is where should the first developer log it's time ?

Please let me know,any of your suggestions here that helps me out.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Each person can open the issue in the issue view, click "log work" and enter their time.

This assumes you have granted the project permission for them to log work in the project. 

0 votes
Sandeep April 6, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thanks for your time and answering our query.

Could you please provide required steps of JIRA,how we can put multiple logs on an issue when it is being worked by multiple people.Would be much helpful if u can provide us those steps too.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

I'd log the time on the issue I worked on.  You can put multiple logs on an issue and each work log can be made by a different person.

Subtask and Parent issue level issues do not work differently, they both accept multiple logs from different people.

Suggest an answer