It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to turn off or revert back to old JIRA interface, the new one is horrendous for usability.

Viewing page 3 of 3

61 comments

Please consider to keep supporting the old view indefinitely. The new view is very disruptive to my teams' workflow, to the point where we're basically losing time. That cannot and should not be the result of a UI rework effort. Thank you.

Like # people like this

"What can man do against such reckless hate?"

Rage Against the Machine

My beautiful table is horribly ugly and completely unusable in the new issue view.

Old:

Screenshot from 2019-08-08 10-36-33.png

New:

Screenshot from 2019-08-08 10-35-10.png

Paul, my comment below may help you. If not sorry for inconvenience.

Your Profile Settings[at Left-bottom corner]->right click -> Account Settings -> Click on "Products" in left menu -> Click on Jira Settings -> it will open new page as Personal Settings Page and turn off "New Jira Issue View"

Like Justin Rupp likes this

Atlassian has gone radio silent on the new issue view, and the updates to it have been marginal at best.

They've also gone about pushing a new view in Confluence which is also generating all kinds of anger.

They really need to sort themselves out!

To get old issue view, please follow below steps for cloud mode.

Your Profile Settings[at Left-bottom corner]->right click -> Account Settings -> Click on "Products" in left menu -> Click on Jira Settings -> it will open new page as Personal Settings Page and at Jira Lab turn off "New Jira Issue View"

This may help you. Thanks.

img_20190924.pngimg_20190924(1).png

Like # people like this

This doesn't work for me!

"Next-gen software" Project Type does not work for me. Currently, I am using "Classic Software" Type and it is working fine. Thanks for sharing information.

I remember when the new UI came out. I did not like it and I said so when JIRA asked for my feedback. So I was a bit taken back too, when all of a sudden it was no longer optional. This thread is a walk down memory lane.

After months of using the UI, I like the new UI. Not only that, I like it better the old UI.

That is why I found this thread today. Tasks that we create in the new UI are randomly switching back to the old UI. I don't know why. And I am finding that I don't like it. So I am searching for a way to permanently disable the old UI.

Hmm. Curious how things change.

Like Arthur Mack likes this

Much the same feelings here but remember they have made a lot of improvements to the new UI, its was missing a lot of features when it first appeared.

I just want the `.` menu to work again. Why is that so much to ask >_<

Add following param in the URL to view Old JIRA interface.

?oldIssueView=true

For example: ticketURL/browse/TKT-123?oldIssueView=true

HI

You can still revert back to the old Jira. 

Under Settings > Disable "Jira Labs"

This will revert your Jira back to the old view :) 

Jira Labs.PNG

This option is not under Settings, but under "Personal Settings".

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in your feedback about the Jira UI and UX.

Not sure if this is the right place to reach out, but if you'd be interested in doing some usability testing for a Jira Cloud marketplace app, so that we can design UXs that make you smile, please reach out to me on Linkedin (see my profile)!

Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

3,616 views 15 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you