How to turn off or revert back to old JIRA interface, the new one is horrendous for usability.

Viewing page 4 of 7

151 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

>What makes me laugh is the forums are full of "I'm New Here" complaining me included! 

Hey!  Unfair!  And those of us who have been here a while too!

I think I've seen less than 10 posts that like the new layout.  It seems to be robustly despised by most people posting on the topic, old or new, and it certainly fails new users, judging by the number of "where is" questions per week having two 0s added to the end.

1 vote
Robert Hughes March 8, 2018

Why!?!?!?!?!?

Oh my days the new UI is terrible!!!

My inbox is now full of staff members complaining about the change and how they now can;t turn if off!

Looks like I'm also not the only one

These changes basically make my life now impossible as an admin 

I really don;t understand why you have spent so much time and effort and money on this when there are hundreds of other things on the development list that would have improved the system for many people 

What makes me laugh is the forums are full of "I'm New Here" complaining me included! 

Did anyone actually do any UX research from people who use the system from admin perspective or just the PMs

Or did they even read the feedback that obviously would have come through 

Poor decisions by them and will end up losing customers to other systems 

1 vote
DRFavreau February 12, 2018

I wish we could.  Unfortunately we're not able to where I'm at.  

1 vote
Benjamin Wright January 20, 2018

How did you turn it off? Can you link to the other topic?

0 votes
Sebastian Lutter December 6, 2021

No, we are not your cheap labor. I pay for this service, and you make tons of money with it.

0 votes
DRFavreau June 22, 2021

This StyleBot plugin can help as well if you're handy with code or have someone who is, you can customize things a little bit with CSS to at least make things flow better: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha?hl=en-US

But ultimately, Atlassian really needs some UX people on their team as well as Accessibility as the interfaces are not accessible either.

0 votes
Rich Stephens June 2, 2021

@Dima Makashov It appears to work for Jira. Are you aware of a fix for Jira Service Desk??

0 votes
Andrei Belokurov June 2, 2021

Thank You, Installed it, and works fine. Let's look at how long Atalssian let us to use an old view opportunity 

0 votes

I was able to get it to work for me. I tried twice (Installed, un-installed, Installed) and finally got it, at least most of the time.

Thank you

0 votes
Raj Kartha June 2, 2021

Thanks Dima for this.  It worked!  However, I am seeing some UI redraw and lags after installing it, not sure if its network related or trying to use the old UI

0 votes

Why???? The newest view is so much worse!!! I now have 3 sliders and need to independently move each up and down. This is absolutely HORRIBLE. Who is designing your stuff? I cannot believe that this was released this way. 

HOW DO I GET THE OLD, LESS HORRIBLE, PAGE???? I CANNOT WORK WITH THIS!

Please someone help me?!

0 votes
Andrei Belokurov May 5, 2021

Damm, I have the same problem. Can't find how to turn off the new view. IT is very uncomfortable to use.

0 votes
Pedro Gandolfo May 4, 2021

I think there is no way back... we will have to get used to it.

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2020

Much the same feelings here but remember they have made a lot of improvements to the new UI, its was missing a lot of features when it first appeared.

0 votes
Perkuto Tech August 11, 2020

This option is not under Settings, but under "Personal Settings".

0 votes
Justine Violante June 29, 2020

Hey everyone , As a marketplace vendor building Cloud apps for Jira - we are also looking for pool of usability testers and feedback community.

After all, the UX of the Jira Cloud experience can be only enhanced with human-centered apps! If you're interested, please reach out to me via linked in (details in profile) :)

0 votes

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in your feedback about the Jira UI and UX.

Not sure if this is the right place to reach out, but if you'd be interested in doing some usability testing for a Jira Cloud marketplace app, so that we can design UXs that make you smile, please reach out to me on Linkedin (see my profile)!

Thanks!

0 votes

Hi Rich, 

I'm really interested in your feedback about the Jira UI and UX.

Would you and/or members of your team be interested in doing some usability testing for a Jira Cloud marketplace app, so that we could learn about building an experience that is useful and enjoyable for you?

Please reach out to me on Linkedin (see my profile) if you'd be keen!

Thanks

Justine

0 votes
Erin McLaughlin May 8, 2020

This UI is rediculous.

0 votes
Nicholas Del Conte February 4, 2020

Was built down under by kangaroos!

0 votes
Chris Garrard January 30, 2020

HI

You can still revert back to the old Jira. 

Under Settings > Disable "Jira Labs"

This will revert your Jira back to the old view :) 

Jira Labs.PNG

0 votes
Amit Jain November 26, 2019

Add following param in the URL to view Old JIRA interface.

?oldIssueView=true

For example: ticketURL/browse/TKT-123?oldIssueView=true

0 votes
Chrysanthemum Swingler November 13, 2019

I just want the `.` menu to work again. Why is that so much to ask >_<

0 votes
Jigar Mehta October 3, 2019

"Next-gen software" Project Type does not work for me. Currently, I am using "Classic Software" Type and it is working fine. Thanks for sharing information.

Suggest an answer