How to turn off or revert back to old JIRA interface, the new one is horrendous for usability.

Viewing page 2 of 7

151 answers

2 votes
Jigar Mehta September 23, 2019

To get old issue view, please follow below steps for cloud mode.

Your Profile Settings[at Left-bottom corner]->right click -> Account Settings -> Click on "Products" in left menu -> Click on Jira Settings -> it will open new page as Personal Settings Page and at Jira Lab turn off "New Jira Issue View"

This may help you. Thanks.

img_20190924.pngimg_20190924(1).png

2 votes
Mrugrajsinh Vansadia July 5, 2019

I just found the way to turn the new UI Off

Profile icon > Personal Settings > Jira Labs

Personal settings - Jira 2019-07-05 13-30-09.jpg

2 votes
Sandra Bryant June 28, 2019

My custom fields i.e. Cascading multi-selector and other custom fields are not reading on the new screen. Also, my developers are complaining that they can't understand the new screen. Also some of the paid for apps are not compatible with the new screen and won't show up. Please listen to your users and don't go this route or allow us to choose what is best for our teams. (Cloud user)

2 votes
gianfranco franceschi June 14, 2019

Thanks Dip, I suppose the issue will be harder to solve if/when Atlassian will -God Forbid!- decide to deprecate the old view completely ... 

2 votes
Dip Bhattacharjee June 14, 2019
  • Find your avatar at bottom left section
  • Select Personal Settings
  • disable jira labs checkbox
  • Problem SolvedScreenshot 2019-06-14 at 11.54.26 AM.png
2 votes
Eddie Garcia February 13, 2019

The way I revert to the old view in Jira Server is going into your personal settings(bottom left image icon) and disabling "Jira Labs" . This keeps it permanently in the old view.

2 votes
jbrownc January 28, 2019

We just "upgraded" to jira 7.13 (from 7.4.5).  The UI changes are universally despised by everyone I've talked to.  Now, if your Issue ticket has attachments, you are forced to page down (6 lines for each attachment, compared to one per line in the old UI,) just to get to the actual content of the ticket.

And this is in the "List" view!

Who would choose this?

Similarly for Issue links (four lines each, compared to one per line in the old UI.)

Atlassian, fire your misguided screen layout designers.  Hire some people who understand workflow and productivity.  You seem to have forgotten that you are in the business of selling productivity tools.

2 votes
Rich Stephens October 24, 2018

I had the chance to have a conversation with a Jira Product Manager recently. I expressed concerns with performance, usability and functionality. We had a very nice conversation. He listened very clearly to what I had to say and did state that they have some changes in mind for the somewhat near future. 

So, good news is that Atlassian is listening and more importantly is 'hearing us'!

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2018

That is a very provocative, and potentially loaded, question.

And an excellent one.

I am an Atlassian fan-boy, and hence biased towards them, but "what problem did you solve?" is an impossible question for them.  Because the answer is "nothing".  The old UI was not great, but the new one is almost unusable.

2 votes
Riaz Virani June 22, 2018

I spend half our day dealing with users who can't figure out how to do stuff in the new UI. I have the old one and will cling to it until you fix it!

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2018

You can't.  Your only option is to migrate to server (or hope that Atlassian give up and re-build a different interface)

2 votes
Chuck Farthington March 8, 2018

New JIRA layout ****** me off so much. I'm not a power user, or interested in customising my layouts, but now a lot of the damn ticket fields are line wrapped and I have two huge white space columns either side of this stupid centralised layout. Maybe 60% of the screen real estate is entirely wasted. Did anyone try and view this on a 39" screen? Mobile first can **** ***.

And thanks for forcing it on everyone.

2 votes
Rich Stephens March 8, 2018

Interesting thing... If you go to Atlassian's own Jira version to log a case, it is the old UI still. They force us to use the new while they are still able to use the old layout!

2 votes
Peter Brown March 7, 2018

Honestly, what were they thinking! These changes make it almost unusable from a Jira admin perspective!!

2 votes
Dariusz Chmielewski. February 8, 2018

Horrible ! This option disappeared !

screen.jpg

1 vote
Rich Stephens June 2, 2021

THank you @Callum Hepburn This is a pain but a lot less of a pain than using the new view. At least I can get work done. Again, Thank you!!!!

1 vote
Dima Makashov May 18, 2021

Forced "new view" is totally disgusting. 

Give people the options!!!

1 vote
Callum Hepburn May 4, 2021

You need to apply "?oldIssueView=true" to the end of every ticket URL. If you navigate to another ticket, or another tab, welcome back to the "new and improved" UI which is really so much worse in terms of actual readability and useability.

1 vote
Doug Rosenfeld October 28, 2019

I remember when the new UI came out. I did not like it and I said so when JIRA asked for my feedback. So I was a bit taken back too, when all of a sudden it was no longer optional. This thread is a walk down memory lane.

After months of using the UI, I like the new UI. Not only that, I like it better the old UI.

That is why I found this thread today. Tasks that we create in the new UI are randomly switching back to the old UI. I don't know why. And I am finding that I don't like it. So I am searching for a way to permanently disable the old UI.

Hmm. Curious how things change.

1 vote
boza October 1, 2019

This doesn't work for me!

1 vote
Jigar Mehta September 23, 2019

Paul, my comment below may help you. If not sorry for inconvenience.

Your Profile Settings[at Left-bottom corner]->right click -> Account Settings -> Click on "Products" in left menu -> Click on Jira Settings -> it will open new page as Personal Settings Page and turn off "New Jira Issue View"

1 vote
Paul M Edwards August 8, 2019

Rage Against the Machine

1 vote
Paul M Edwards August 8, 2019

My beautiful table is horribly ugly and completely unusable in the new issue view.

Old:

Screenshot from 2019-08-08 10-36-33.png

New:

Screenshot from 2019-08-08 10-35-10.png

1 vote
Svitlana Furs July 15, 2019

The New Jira view is horrible 

The person who designed it never use Jira on daily basis - the amount of UI components are overwhelming, the usability is horrible . Plz hire better designers who can actually design decent  user's workflow 

1 vote
Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. My name's Matt and I work on the product management team for Jira Cloud.

My squad is currently looking into how we might improve the navigation UI. In fact, we have an exploration today that you can try if you use the Chrome browser. Please head on over to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Calling-all-Jira-Cloud-users-Give-us-feedback-on-our-exploration/td-p/1126694 for more information.

As for the new UI regarding the issue view/layout, my colleague @Yousef Abusamak will be the best point of contact.

Cheers,

Matt

Suggest an answer