How to delete a user with org/site admin rights

Jean Bien-Aime September 23, 2021

Our old IT dir left the organization.  I tried recycling his acct for another user but that doesn't seem to work.  I'd like to simply del his old acct but I get a message saying that I can't del an acct with org/site permissions even though my acct has org/site admin permissions.  Plz advise.  Thanks.

4 answers

1 vote
Jean Bien-Aime September 24, 2021

I guess we don't really need to del the acct but to keep stuff clean, we like to remove stale accts.  I found the correct 3 dots.  I was able to del the acct.  Thanks a lot for all the help.  Yeah Community!

1 vote
Jean Bien-Aime September 24, 2021

Thanks for the advice.  I was able to remove admin/org rights to the acct but I don't see an option now to del the acct.  I was able to revoke access.  How do we del the acct?  Thanks.

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

Hi Jean,

You need to remove the Org rights first, then you should be able to delete. 

Here is how to remove the Org rights:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-To-Guide-Removing-a-Jira-Cloud-Site-Admin/ba-p/1732624#M4816

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

Is there a reason it has to be deleted? And not just left as deactivated?

Is your organization a managed org? 

Do you use Atlassian Access?

If you click on the 3 dots menu while in the user details, do you see Remove user? 

Suggest an answer