How do you deal with multiple projects?

Yorann Baron February 11, 2021

Hello Jira community,

My teams work on multiple projects. And I guess we are not the only ones.

Basically, the team's work is on 8-10 differents applications/API/microservices (...) that work together in one big goal.
Then, when JIRA envt have been initialised, the company chose to separate each block on a project. It works quiet well in boards (sprint, backlog, reports,...)
But we cannot have all tools such as release version, roadmap which are single project in Jira.

When we go live, it's more than a single "Jira project" that goes on production

So my question is, how do you manage working on multiple "project" (not as Jira meanning but in real life) and combine that in only one jira?
How do you hierarchize? Projects-Epics-Stories ? Or Is there any other ways?

Thanks

Yorann

3 answers

1 vote
Yorann Baron February 16, 2021

Thanks John, yes it will help

We don't used component, it might be the solution

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

Hi Yorann,

We typically create a Jira project per team - even if working on multiple different applications/products.

We separate them out by Components - basically, one component per app/product. Then you can create Quick Filters on a Master board to hide cards that you don't want to see. 

You can also still use multiple boards - just each board filter will contain the component for that app. For example, Project = ABC and Component = iOS and another might be Project = ABC and Component = Android

I hope that helps a little. 

0 votes
Natan Drozd November 10, 2021

Then how do you treat fixversion?

so many views/repots in jira rely on fixversion being a closed content 

Suggest an answer