Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I exclude several stories with a specific label from the backlog of a specific board??

I have two boards in a single project and I would like to segregate the backlogs of these two boards. I have several stories for this new backlog that carry a certain label and they are present in the new board's backlog. These stories are also present on the other backlog as well and I am trying to write a query that retains everything in that backlog but removes those stories that carry this specific label. 

When I write a query to exclude stories that carry this label from the backlog, the query returns no results. 

example: 

project = "Project Name" AND issuetype in (Story,Bug) AND labels != Label Name ORDER BY Rank ASC

1 comment

Bloompeak Support Marketplace Partner May 02, 2020

Hi @FelixArthur ,

I hope below will work.

project = "Project Name" AND issuetype in (Story,Bug) AND (labels != myLabelName or labels is EMPTY)  ORDER BY Rank ASC

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

4,967 views 18 31
Read article

Atlassian Community Events