How We can perform Bulk changes In Jira Cloud for start & end Date for Multiple Issue

Maktumhusain Taseeladar August 26, 2022

How we can perform Bulk changes In Jira Cloud for start & end Date for Multiple Issue with Multiple Start End date,, The start & end dates are different for All issue..

I have received Excel with start & end date for 100 Issue to update this in Bulk..

How we can update Different Dates for all the issue in Bulk

16 answers

1 vote
Maktumhusain Taseeladar September 7, 2022

@John Funk  Thank you. The issue was resolved now. I can able to do it from Import file. 

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Maktumhusain Taseeladar

just to add to John's answer, if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this should work very nicely in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. You can also inline-edit your issues in bulk, using copy/paste. This copy/paste works across JXL and Excel (or Google Sheets, or pretty much any other application). 

This is how this looks in action for the issue summary (and it works the same for any other field):

paste-from-excel.gif

So for you this would mean,

1. Create a JXL sheet that includes the issues you want to update, in the right order. The issues of a JXL sheet are, first and foremost, defined by a JQL statement, and can be further narrowed down using column filtering and sorting. The exact JQL statement depends on your particular setup.
  2. Make sure the two fields you want to update are part of the sheet.
  3. Simply copy/paste the values from Excel to the respective columns in JXL.

You probably want to try it on a single issue first to see if the date value is interpreted correctly, but then you can update any number of issues in one go. Just be cautious that you're pasting into the correct set of issues (see point 1. above).

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

This seems like a bug if they are requiring you to put in a Summary for an update. 

I would submit a support request to Atlassian. Please update here with the resolution for future readers. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

What ended up being the solution?

0 votes
Maktumhusain Taseeladar September 7, 2022

@Marlene Kegel - codefortynine  thanks, The Start and end dates are different for all the issue, Its not same for all issue, Your solution work only when we have same start & end date for all the issue.

I was able to do it from IMPORT CSV file ..

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2022

Hi @Maktumhusain Taseeladar,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option would be our Jira cloud app Advanced Bulk Edit for Jira. After installation you are ready to go:

• Simply filter for the issues you want to bulk change using the "Advanced Issue Search".
  • Click on the "Advanced Bulk Edit Button" on the top right.
  • Add "Start Date" and "End Date" as fields to edit and define new dates.

advanced-bulk-edit-jira_start-end-date-change.png

0 votes
Maktumhusain Taseeladar August 29, 2022
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

Did it do any update to the issues? Did it create new issues?

0 votes

After Selecting the Key- Summary , i was successfully Imported , But i cannot see the changes in Issue.. Its all Empty Start and End date.  Its not taken the CSV file start and end date 

0 votes

Error 3.JPG

If i select Summary in issue key, then i am getting option for Next,, Let me try this and update you

0 votes

Error 2.JPG

After clicking on Map Field Value, still same error and Option Next id Disable at bottom and Back option is enable 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

Did you click on the boxes for each one for Map field value? 

0 votes

Its Existing Issue and just need to Update the Start and end date.

The file format is in CSV..

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

Are you trying to create new issues? Or update them? 

If update only, is the key one of the columns in your CSV? 

0 votes

Error.JPGIts shows an error 

Please note: A JIRA Summary field mapping is required to enable import.

Not getting Next Option

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

Hi @Maktumhusain Taseeladar 

Since they are different dates, the best way is to do a CSV import with just the issue key and the two dates. 

Suggest an answer