Hide custom fields for specific users in (VIEW SCREEN)

siva July 16, 2021

I Need to hide custom field from specific users in View Screen in jira.

Tried the scripts in Script runner but the script runner doesnt work on "VIEW SCREEN"

• Any options with java where i can use to hide custom fields in the View screen in jira.

4 answers

1 vote
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Hi @siva

As mentioned in my previous comment, this is not doable with Behaviours. Behaviours only work on the Create IssueUpdate/Edit IssueAssign Issue, and Workflow Transition screens. It does not work on the View Screen.

Please refer to this community post for an alternate approach. The alternate approach suggested here is to use a field security plugin.

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Ram

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Hi @siva

Glad to be able to help. :)

Please accept the answer.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

0 votes
siva July 16, 2021

@Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ 
Thanks for the reply

I have tried with multiple script to hide the field using behaviors etc..

But once the details are added to the field it shows in view screen.

Are there any workarounds without add-ons like java script and html. to hide the fields. ?

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2021

Hi @siva

I would assume you are trying to use the Behaviours on the View Screen.

If so, Behaviours do not work on the view screen. It only works on the Create Issue, Update/Edit Issue, Assign Issue, and Workflow Transition screens. Please refer to this ScriptRunner Documentation for more information.

You can refer to this community post as well for alternative solutions.

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Ram

Suggest an answer