Hi , i need to get a custom pop-up message in JIRA as soon as a custom field value is updated.

shrikant maheshwari May 20, 2020

Hi All,

I have written a script in a listener (Event - Issue created, issue updated) which updates a custom field named as - Incident Classification on the basis of 2 other fields as soon as the issue gets created or updated.

the field  "Incident classification"can have 2 values - Major , Minor.

I have written another listener in which i need to have a pop-up message coming as soon as the value of "Incident Classification" field is set to "Major". 

I am running the listener on the issue create and issue update event but i am not getting the pop-up message always.

Problem statement -

1) as soon as the issue gets created in the view screen i can see that the field Incident classification has been set to Major but the pop-up message does not appears.

2) No pop up message coming - When i am updating the other 2 fields the value of Incident classification gets changed automatically and is set to Major but still the pop up message is not appearing.

Pop-up message is coming only when i am editing the issue by going to edit screen and changing the value of the other 2 fields which in turn changes the value of Incident Classification field and the pop-up message is coming.

Please let me know why the below listener is not working properly - pfb codePop-up messgae.JPG

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import org.apache.log4j.Logger
import org.apache.log4j.Level
log.setLevel(Level.INFO)
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.util.UserMessageUtil

MutableIssue issue = event.issue as MutableIssue;
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()

def cfds = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Incident Classification'};
String cfdsv = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfds);
log.info (cfdsv)
issueManager.updateIssue(user, issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false);

if ("Major".equals(cfdsv))
{
log.info (cfdsv)

UserMessageUtil.success("Since this is a Major Incident, please follow the defined Escalation Process")
}

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events