Get the close date to Custom field

Lokesh Gowda May 11, 2020

Hello,

I would like to capture the issue closed date and time to a custom field, I have created the custom field as Date and time picker and added the post function to write the date to the custom field.

have added the groovy and getting the Close date but its showing as "2 days ago", "1 day ago" and 1 minute ago its not give the data. When i pull the report we are not getting any output in the CSV.

Please find the Groovy script and the custom field value.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import java.sql.Timestamp
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def dateCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10104") // Date time fields require a Timestamp
issue.setCustomFieldValue(dateCf, new Timestamp((new Date()).time))

CloseDateDate Time Picker

Please find the Screenshot for the same

TCD-1.pngCF.pngQuery.png

Can you please help me to solve this issue.

7 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

Great! Glad I could help a little. 

0 votes

Thank you very much, after setting jira.lf.date.relativize = false its showing the Date and time. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

Not sure - maybe just do a re-index?

0 votes

After doing these changes should I need to restart the JIRA servers? 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2020

So the CSV is good. Did you turn off the Relative dates based on the article above?

0 votes

Hi John,

In the CSV we are able to see the date and time, but in the JQL we are seeing only the # of days or mins

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2020

Hi Lokesh,

You can turn off relative dates by following this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/display-standard-dates-in-jira-server-414187622.html?_ga=2.24967162.1132808388.1589116439-1313086432.1576012938

What does the value look like in the actual CSV?

Suggest an answer