Get authentication code without showing popup

Administrator Admin January 17, 2020

Hello Team,

Thanks,

( OAuth 2.0 authorization code grants (3LO) for apps) Our requirement is not to show auth popup. So please suggest how can we directly get authorization code without showing below popup on my page. If possible please share some example or code snippet for same.

Bypass Authorize.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Administrator Admin January 17, 2020

Hello Fernando,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, this works fine but we are searching for a solution where we don't want a screen for User grant.

Without showing screen we require auth code. So please suggest some solutions for the same.

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2020

Hello again @Administrator Admin

I understand what you're after. However, given the documentation expresses the granting is done via the screen (explicitly documented) I can only imagine that, if there is an alternative solution to this problem, it would take some hacking around to find it. If you find this to be a hard requirement and can't find a solution, I'd advise contacting support through either a feature request.

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hello @Administrator Admin

Double checking through the documentation for 3LO authentication (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/oauth-2-authorization-code-grants-3lo-for-apps/) I see it is stated that auth acceptance must be done through a screen (pop-up or transition, not programmatic):

1. The app directs the user to an Atlassian screen that prompts them to grant access to their data on the Atlassian site. The screen displays the access being requested in the Atlassian product.
  2. The user grants (or denies) access to their data on the Atlassian site, via the screen.
  3. The user is directed back to the external service. If the user granted access, the external service can now access data (within the specified scopes) from the Atlassian site on the user's behalf.

Suggest an answer