Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Gamification experience on Jira

Hello!

We are working on a gamification tool on Jira. Have you ever used a gamification tool on Jira or Confluence? If yes, I have couple of questions.

1-What is the name of the tool?

2-Are you still using? If yes, what benefits make you still using?

3- If you gave up using after some trial? Why did you give up?

Thank you!

2 comments

Over the years, there were a few of those gamification apps built for the Atlassian products.

I haven't tried any, as I wasn't seeing the use case in our teams, to be honest. With their installation counts not being extremely high, I think most other teams are like us...

Like Deniz Kayahan likes this

Thank you for the feedback Aron!

I've never seen any use for gamification of Jira - the basic reporting in it that shows people are getting stuff done seems to be what most organisations seem to want to see from it.

I've seen a bit of it used in Confluence though - it does seem to encourage people to document stuff better in Confluence (get pages in the right place, populate them with useful info that gets read, etc), but I usually see it used to encourage maintenance and housekeeping rather than better new stuff.

Like Deniz Kayahan likes this

Hi Nic,

Many thanks! great!

I want to understand bit more about your Jira comment. You say most organizations may want to see such a basic reporting through Jira gamification or you mean that there is already basic reporting for this, gamification for Jira does not any value.  

Confluence is clear, thank you!

It's just what I've seen in the various clients I've worked with, and it's not limited to Jira, it's all the issue trackers I've seen people use across their businesses.

With an issue tracker, most people are using it to record what needs doing, and then when they get it done.  It already has a level of gamification as part of its nature - "I got these things done this week, how many did everyone else do?" or "I logged this much time" 

I'm just not sure there's a lot of use for gamifying it more - the aim of gamification is to get people to work better with a tool, but there's not a lot in an issue tracker you would want to push people to do that!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,068 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events