Field does not belong to the Request Type.

Raul Comerzan December 4, 2018

Hello,

I try to add or modify new request types on JIRA ServiceDesk project but when I want to edit fields I receive the following error: Field does not belong to the Request Type.

I made some researches and one of solutions is this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/getting-the-error-field-does-not-belong-to-the-request-type-when-clicking-on-edit-fields-to-edit-a-service-desk-request-type-954256922.html 

My question is how can I connect to database to apply that settings? I use JIRA on demand..

Many thanks,
Raul 

9 answers

1 vote
Deleted user December 4, 2018

Hi @Raul Comerzan

If you have access to the database server, you can connect to the database through ssh for example.

If you are not a server administrator, or have no access to the database, you'll have to ask you database administrator.

---

Another solution is to recreate the request type and hide the current one from the portal. The bug you have is often caused by deleting a custom field that was marked as required on the request type.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to fix it by recreating the custom field with the exact name. Although I'm not sure of this approach.

I've had the same issue before and we chose to recreate the request type instead.

Kind regards
Jorden

0 votes

Hi @Raul Comerzan

The I honestly have no idea what could be causing the error. I'd advise to contact atlassian directly.

Upon creating a ticket in their support portal, make sure to upload a Support Zip. This can be obtained by going into the administration section of Jira: "System" > "Troubleshooting and Support Tools" and selecting the "Create support zip" tab.

Create the zip and upload it in the Atlassian contact portal when you create a ticket. The zip contains a set of log files and configuration settings for Atlassian so they can troubleshoot your specific scenario quicker.

Hope this gets resolved for you quickly!
Sorry for being unable to help you further.

Kind regards
Jorden

0 votes

Hi @[deleted]

Yes!

Raul

0 votes

Hi @Raul Comerzan

If you create a new request type, do you get the error immediately?

Kind regards
Jorden

0 votes

Hi @[deleted]

I have only one service desk project. This issue occurs only with the latest request type created in the last week, the old ones are ok, I can edit them.

Thanks,
Raul

0 votes

Hi @Raul Comerzan

Do you have this issue with 1 request type? Or with all of the request types? Does this problem occur in multiple projects or one just one?

Kind regards
Jorden

0 votes

Hi @[deleted]

I am administrator but after I am connected to the I didn't find any documentation regarding database on jira server. 

I recreate many request types but I can't edit them.
I don't which field is affected to recreate it. This option probably is the simple one.

Thanks,
Raul

0 votes

Hi @[deleted]

Thanks for answer! Indeed it's an account which I use for a cloud subscription but in the same time I have another JIRA server installed on demand. There I use another account because  the jira server it's synced with local AD.

Do you have some suggestions regarding how can I solve the error mentioned in the ticket? I can't edit the request types in ServiceDesk project and I can not customize the project.

Thanks,
Raul 

0 votes

Hi @Raul Comerzan

The article is specifically for Jira server, you can't connect to the database with a cloud subscription.

You'll have to log a ticket at Atlassian's Help Portal, they should be able to help you with fixing the issue.

Kind regards
Jorden

Suggest an answer