Extra Mapped Status in Done Column? What?

Michael McGory April 14, 2021

When dragging a ticket from our Ready for Review column to the Done column, 2 statuses appear - "Done" and "Merge to Master".  So you can drag into either one of these within the Done column.  However, when I look at the board settings, I don't see a status of "Merged to Master".  Also, when I look at the workflow and the different statuses in the Settings --> Issue, I don't see any mention of "Merge to Master".

Does anyone have any idea where this is coming from?  

8 answers

1 vote
Michael McGory April 15, 2021

Actually, it seems like I don't have access to that because I am not an engineer.  But I think this is where the "Merge to Master" is coming from.  I will just have to connect with an engineer to ask.  Thanks for all the help John!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Yep, the working of the status seems to lend itself to that relation. Let us know how it works out!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Go to Project Settings

Then check the menu options on the right. There will probably be at least one for Development tools or something like that. 

Click in there and see what is attached. 

0 votes

BTW, also a company-managed project.

0 votes

It is a software project using Scrum.  It is a classic project (not next-gen).  John, I think you might be onto something with the development pipeline.  I have never worked on a project that uses this before.  Where can I find it and check if it is the case?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

What type of Project is this? And is it linked to the Development pipeline? 

0 votes

So, the columns look like this.

jira-ss1.pngjira-ss2.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

Hi Michael,

I have never seen that before! Can you share some screenshots? 

Suggest an answer