Export Event type from JIRA to CSV

Deleted user April 20, 2018

Hello,

I have to export event type from issues in order to calculate a rate of disturbance (issues added to sprint after its start or issues removed while the sprint is in progress).

How can I specify this criteria in my request to export in CSV ?

Best regards,

Christophe CHALIGNE

6 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 15, 2022

The easiest way to get data from the Reports Burndown Chart is to just copy all the columns and paste it in a spreadsheet. It copies everything including the hyperlinks, as good as exporting the Burndown chart itself. :)

0 votes
Deleted user April 15, 2022

Hi Guy, this did not work for me. Not sure what am I doing wrong! JavaScript function is not getting added to the URL field on bookmarks. It throws invalid url.

0 votes
Guy Mograbi May 20, 2019
  • Create a new bookmark on your chrome. 
  • Set its name to "download burndown data"
  • Change the URL of the bookmark to

javascript:(function(){
var csv = $('table.aui tr').toArray().slice(3).map((row) => $(row).find('td').map((index, cell) => $(cell).text()).toArray().join(',')).join('\n');
csv = 'data:text/csv;charset=utf-8,' + csv;
data = encodeURI(csv);
link = document.createElement('a');
link.setAttribute('href', data);
link.setAttribute('download', 'data.csv');
link.click();
})()

• Open your burndown page with the table that you want to export. 
  • Click the bookmark. 

You should see a download prompt with the data. 

Tested on Chrome and Jira Cloud. 

Might break between different Jira versions. 

Enjoy. 

0 votes
Seth Silvernail June 20, 2018

I'm also interested in a method to export or extract data from closed sprint burn down charts related to "sprint start", "burndown" and "scope change" and other event types that are tied to specific JIRA cards in that burn down. Any other suggestions how to do this?

PDF View plugin is not available to Cloud users so is not an option for me.

Thanks!

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2018

Do you mean the sprint events like "sprint start", "burndown" and "scope change" that are fired while the Jira Software sprint was running?

If so, that's not easily available -- as those are calculated on the fly by the logic that renders the Burndown Chart.

One thing you could eventually try is exporting the sprint to PDF like this one: http://www.midori-global.com/downloads/jpdf/jira-burndown-report-with-data-table.pdf

You can do that with the PDF View Plugin.

Then extract the text from the PDF (programatically) and process that plain text content.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2018

Could you explain what you mean by "event type"?  Is it a field on your issues?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events