Enhance the dashboard by a date picker

Arthur Harutyunyan June 13, 2020

Hey all,

I have a dashboard called "Daily Report" and I have attach several projects there to get the current day status. See the screenshot. A simple filter is used behind. 

project = xxx and statusCategoryChangedDate >= startOfDay() AND statusCategoryChangedDate < endOfDay()

Now I want to enhance this dashboard, to be able to get this kind of report for a selected day. Lets say, to add a date picker on the dashboard, and select date range. So, in this case, I would have date parameters like "startDate" and "finishDate" for 'statusCategoryChangedDate'daily report.PNG

Please kindly help me guys, to have this helpful report ;)

Thanks in advance

Arthur

3 answers

2 votes
lececere June 15, 2020

@Arthur Harutyunyan We use the Rich Filters for Jira  add-on to be able to dynamically edit dashboard results. We absolutely love it! 

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2020

@Arthur Harutyunyan as I mentioned you in your previous post you can achieve this with eazybi but if you are still looking for a free solution I'm afraid there aren't any at this point.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2020

Dahsboards do not support arbitrarily inputs like that (yet) 

You'd need to rewrite the dashboard framework to allow for some form of input, and every gadget that used a filter such that it can recieve a variable and know how to handle it in when it's modifying the basic query behind the gadget.

This is not a simple piece of work I'm afraid, there's a LOT of work (including potentially adding some quite complex code to hundreds of gadgets)

Suggest an answer