Enable Advanced Roadmap Features?

Viewing page 2 of 3

53 answers

0 votes
Tara L Conklin December 7, 2021

@Sabrina Beach - I am a Jira Admin on Cloud. We just upgraded to Premium and for the life of us can't figure out how to enable Advanced Roadmaps. 

Can you provide the steps how you did it? 

It seems crazy that Atlassian doesn't have pop-up helpers to guide you when you change the plan. 

Thanks much!

0 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2021

Hi @Sabrina Beach I do indeed have an update - We’ve completed scoping and started working on this. We will be supporting:

• Team-Managed projects in Advanced Roadmaps 
  • Team-Managed projects used alongside Company-Managed projects in the same Advanced Roadmap

This is a large piece of work touching many different parts of Jira, we will provide ship dates and Early Access Program details as we get closer to release both here and on the Jira Cloud Public Roadmap and appreciate your patience in the interim.

Please follow along here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20012 by adding yourself as a Watcher (top right) to receive updates.

0 votes
Sabrina Beach October 5, 2021

@Josh Frank Is there an update?  My company just purchased Premium so that we could use the Advanced Roadmaps feature, and now (about a year after the last official update) it's still not available?  This is a significant problem, as upper management was told we'd have this feature ready for their use.

I echo the frustrated comments of many others that "next gen" means less features.  I've used Jira for many years, and this is a difficult pill to swallow.

---[ EDIT ]---

Aaaaaand...wow.  After much searching elsewhere (NOT on Atlassian sites) I find the answer.  "Plans."   Not named "Advanced Roadmaps" or available via the "Roadmap" link in project navigation, but "Plans."

Not intuitive, Atlassian.  Not intuitive at all.  

0 votes
Unal Perendi May 11, 2021

Oh this is so unfortunate to be in Premium only, This should be standard to be able to have normal granular project issue organizing with roadmaps. Or please just make issues to be available on gantt view on normal roadmaps.

0 votes
Rhys Diab _Agile Docs_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

If anyone wanted to use Advanced Roadmaps mainly to get a birds-eye of their program on a single page, I recently released Program Tree

It's compatible with both Next-Gen and Classic projects.

It doesn't have a timeline view for planning like Advanced Roadmaps, but lets you:

- Group all your projects and issues into a single page view using nested JQL queries

- Create levels of hierarchy above Epics (without needing to manually link your Epics to a higher level issue type).

- Track the estimate progress of every level of your issue hierarchy.

program-tree-expanded.png

I created it so I'm obviously biased, but it may serve the needs of some of you.

0 votes
Thomas Notemann November 11, 2020

Can't believe that Advanced Roadmaps is not working for next Gen projects. This is so annoying und non-logic, that I am speechless.

0 votes
Nick Sweet November 2, 2020

Answering my own question -- it SEEMS to be this ticket, but hard to tell because that seems like an overly specific problem (one of many that might have to be resolved to release Advanced Roadmaps for Next-Gen)

0 votes
Nick Sweet November 2, 2020

@Josh Frank (or anyone else from Atlassian) I'm really hoping Advanced Roadmaps will be released for Next Gen soon. My company's about to do a large planning session for 2021 and I'd rather use Advanced Roadmaps than swap to a different product for planning.

Is there a ticket on Atlassian's public-facing JIRA page that I could throw a vote in for? Is that the best way to influence the prioritization of Advanced Roadmaps for Next Gen projects?

0 votes
Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2020

@Bruno Advanced Roadmaps is a feature in Jira Software Premium. You would just need to start a trial of Jira Software Premium from your account. 

0 votes
Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2020

Hi @BenjaminIt remains something we are looking into, but unfortunately I can't share a timeline for when this will happen. 

0 votes
Bruno October 7, 2020

I am using roadmaps on paid jira classic but would like to enable advanced roadmaps - is this as a separate cost if yes? how do i enable it?

0 votes
Brian Robison August 21, 2020

Am I missing something?  We have Premium and do not see an option for roadmaps in our classic.

0 votes
Paul Pringle July 17, 2020

This is so frustrating. I just want to be able to give my board a date when next gen will be supported in Advanced Roadmaps. I have the funding to go Adv Roadmaps but no-one can tell me when it will support next gen projects???

0 votes
NIROSHAN MADAMPITIGE June 11, 2020

@Josh Frank While trying to understand how to enable Advanced Roadmaps in Jira, I have come so far up to this in the thread:) A few suggestions, I strongly recommend that this is part of the standard package or at least you allow us to 'add' this with a minimal fee. If you look at it, At the moment, there are many alternatives for roadmaps in the market and Atlasean is loosing a lot of potential customers(and therefore, money) for the competitors. On the other hand, as users, we have to look for alternatives. You can't think of a greater product without cross-team Roadmaps. Is there anyway, we can enable advanced Roadmaps for Classic Projects? or, at least a way around to create "Initiatives' and define the Parent-Child Hierarchy between Initiatives and Epics so that I can create child issues from an initiative? Appreciate your attention on this. 

0 votes
Neil Shah June 4, 2020

Hi @Josh Frank , same here. We just switched to next-gen for the roadmap feature.

0 votes
Manu May 18, 2020

What about already planned roadmaps? Are they not available anymore? Where to get these planned epcis, stories etc.??

0 votes
Rob Waldron May 17, 2020

Great to see the latest portfolio for server features are now being directly built into the Cloud version. My sentiments are like most here though; Next-gen project support should really be the focus of any new features. Calling projects "classic", indicates that it is the old way, and won't be getting the same level of support anymore. We have also migrated majority of our team based projects to next-gen as they are easier to use, and we never had a huge requirement for workflows (though I do see that's coming soon too, and already available in the next-gen Service Desk projects).

0 votes
Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2020

@Curtis VanderGriendt Thanks for the feedback. And sorry we haven't met your expectations on this one. We'll be considering this feedback as we make future prioritization decisions. 

0 votes
Curtis VanderGriendt May 15, 2020

Hi @Josh Frank , I appreciate the candor here. I will say, though, that it is infuriating. Having adopted Next Gen for multiple teams now, we simply want to aggregate our roadmaps into one cohesive view. Since it is the product that actually offers a roadmap view, I read "advanced roadmaps for multiple projects in a few weeks" and thought, great. Now digging deeper, that has been dashed and I'm struggling to understand it.

0 votes
Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2020

@Elvin Badalov I just tried on my side and it seems like it's working. Can you refresh and try again? If it doesn't work, can you email me a screenshot at jfrank@atlassian.com? Thank you

0 votes
Elvin Badalov May 13, 2020

@Josh Frank thanks, but I cannot register for the webinar. It says "error on the server" or something like that. Is there a direct link I can add to my calendar? I am interested in the May 21 at 1PM session.

0 votes
Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2020

@Elvin Badalov Yes that's correct. Join us on this webinar if you want a demo of everything and we'll be answering live q&a as well. 

0 votes
Elvin Badalov May 13, 2020

There is no roadmap whatsoever in the Jira Software classic projects currently, correct?  I can only find it in my Next Gen projects.

If it is called "advanced" I am assuming there is "basic" for Software classic? Where can I enable roadmaps if there is a basic one for classic projects?

0 votes
Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2020

@MaxI can't comment on the exact date, but we expect Advanced Roadmaps to be available in the next couple weeks. Thanks for being patient with us as we get a much improved experience live for y'all! 

0 votes
Max May 8, 2020

When is "near-term roadmap"? In which time-frame should it be available?

Context: I'm setting up a new client on Cloud and Portfolio is no-longer available. So we're left with NO option if we need a Cloud instance.

Suggest an answer