Edit, set, change jql definition or hide the system filters

Vladimir October 29, 2019

Hi,

I find out that there is not possible to edit the system filters even this question is asked from 2016 and maybe more.

There is a lot of system filters that are not relevant for custom projects and must be edited or hidden so there is much better user experience and the user is off the mess.

I would like to have editable the system filter defintion:

• either on the whole jira
  • or on the project level

and make possible to hide the system filters.

Pelase if you see this very good suggestion could you vote for it so it can be implemented? Just now there are suggestion with only 155 votes and it is very little. We need more than 1500. Thank you for voting for getting up jira user experience.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70186

Best Regards

Vladimír Skrbek

4 answers

0 votes
Vladimir October 30, 2019

Yes and that is the problem. Therefore I created the suggestion on the atlassian but it will be implemented only if there will be a lot of votes. So I ask also everybody else, read this and vote for it. Hope there will be anough votes (more then 1500 :-( ).

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 29, 2019

Yes, that's correct.

My solution will hide the system links definition on the client side by injecting a CSS.

For now, there is no way to do it using any configuration page within the tool.
Regards

0 votes
Vladimir October 29, 2019

I do not want to hide complete left sidebar but only some of the system filters like "Open issues" or "Done Issues".

If I understand your solution it means that you hide them on the html gui side? But I want to be done on the server side directly by some configuration in the Jira administration page.

But the hiding is not so important. The more important is that I can edit the definition of the filter. 

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 29, 2019

Hi Vladimir,

I'm not really sure if i understood you correctly.

Could you try to add the following to the announcement banner to completely hide the system filters for the left sidebar?

<style>

.filter-panel-system-container{ display:none; }

</style>

Regards

Suggest an answer