EPIC Name not displaying under issues.

rajesh_tn March 17, 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

The EPIC name field is not getting displayed in issues. Please let me know if how to make EPIC name field visibile current this field is in locked status.

Thanks

Rajesh.TN

6 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

I don't have the time to parrot documentation at you.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-776636504.html is a good starting point for learning how the screens hang together.

Please, go to the project and look at the admin section.  You will find references to screens, and follow them.  Best way to learn is by trying it, not slavishly following other people.  (I also tend to do this sort of thing in a totally confusing way for other people because I know it well - I'm a poor example for beginners.  And probably advanced admins)

0 votes
rajesh_tn April 12, 2020

Dear Nic_Brough_Adaptavisy,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Please let me know how to go admin section and move further. Can you please share me  step-by-step screenshot to perform above steps.

Thanks

Rajesh.TN

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2020

The "lock" does not matter here, it is locked to prevent you mis-configuring the field.

As sukkeong says, all you need to do is add the "epic name" field to the view screen.

If I were doing this, I would start with the project, go to its admin section and find the issue type screen scheme it is using, and drilling down into that.  Choose the issue type you want to amend and look at the "screen scheme" associated with it, and then, in the screen scheme, look at the screens listed and edit each one (there may be up to four listed), adding the epic name to each one.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2020

Hi Rajesh - Have you tried clearing your cache in your browser or using another browser? Are any other users having the same problem? 

0 votes
rajesh_tn March 18, 2020

@sukkeong : I am not getting this fix. Is there a way I could  know how to do in step-by-step. I have already configured 'EPIC Name' but still showing as 'locked'.

0 votes
sukkeong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2020

You will need to add the field to the screen that is used for viewing the issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/associating-a-screen-with-an-issue-operation-776636488.html

• Associate the screen (with the epic name field) to the operation 'View issue'

Suggest an answer