Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use Jira Cloud to store HR data?

Serhii Kibitkin_SAASJet_ September 14, 2021

Hi, Atlassian Community 👋🏼

I would like to know your opinion on the use of Jira for HR processes.

To begin with, I will share the experience of the company I work at.

Initially, we kept employee data in Google Spreadsheets.

At the same time, Jira is our primary tool for controlling the work of the team.

But our staff began to grow gradually. And it became inconvenient to work simultaneously on several platforms. We have decided to keep records of employee cards in one place - in Jira.

Unfortunately, we did not find a suitable plugin on the Marketplace, so we developed our own add-on - HR: Employee User Profile.

In the first version, we added an Employee card with the ability to create additional sections and fields and a searchable pivot table of data.

I am interested in your opinion: What information does the HR manager lack about his employees directly in Jira?

I perfectly understand that such global issues as onboarding, off boarding, recruiting, and OKRs are already separate services or add-ons.  I am aware that you can try to replace plugins and platforms with a workflow or checklists.

But I’m highly interested in one moment - how, and where do you store all the information about your employees? In separate sites or Jira?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events