Do you need jira extension: Story points vs logged hours (velocity for every employee)?

Виктор Магаев November 26, 2018

Hello. Now we are trying to estimate the velocity of each employee. How many story points he can make in an hour/day/week/sprint. We have story point field and worklog. And to evaluate the employee I need to export all his tasks to excel and create different diagrams. I've decided to create the extension for Jira, which will have all plots about the velocity of the team, or the employee) in a box, with different analytic tools. 

Help me please, to decide:

1. Do you think this extension would be useful? 
  2. Maybe this solution already exists. 
  3. Would you be willing to pay for such an extension? 
  4. What features would you like to see in it?

3 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hello Viktor,

Thank you for sharing your company's add-on as a solution for this.

However, I want to remind you about the Atlassian Community Online Guidelines for Marketplace Vendors, as I've seen your promotions for the Project Performance Dashboard app on a few outdated questions as of recently.

No necroposting: Aka, no "raising threads from the dead." In general, avoid posting on old threads (six months or more old) simply to promote your products.

Please be sure when promoting your products, the thread has had activity within the last 6 months, or it is considered necroposting.

Thank you for your understanding!

Take care,

Shannon

0 votes
Vadim Rutkevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2020

Viktor,

two solutions exist :)

Please check the Project Performance Dashboard app to calculate the team velocity and individual developer's performance/velocity per sprint. You can also monitor the sprint structure per issue type and the overall story throughput.

Sincerely, Vadim [StiltSoft]

0 votes
Raimundas Juska
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2018

If you are on the cloud version, then this kind of add-on exists. I am the one that created it - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219761/individual-velocity-report-chart-gadget?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer