Discussion/Feedback Atlassian Tools Update Procedure

Roger Sikorski August 29, 2019

I'm not sure where to give this feedback or start this discussion. I'm want to discuss about the old slow update method currently which is used when updating Atlassian Tools like Jira

1. Why can't there be .dist files like apt-get this do? Instead I need every update to carry over the 2 sames lines (Java RAM and Proxy Name)

2. Minor updates should be faster to be updated. Something similar like apt-get or Docker. WordPress example automatically installs minor versions. Where we comes to the next point.

3. The setup mode should be optionally. At best with default values for the people which uses default paths, etc, and / or to start the installer (when its needed) with arguments.

I can understand that between Major Versions there are more config files to test, etc etc, but our team and me would going crazy if I needed to update every minor version for every server service (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Apache2, Nginx, Docker, etc etc) on all our Linux Server like I need to do it with Atlassian Services.

0 answers

Suggest an answer