Disable EDIT function on specific issue

Samantha Faye Carrie Binay June 10, 2021

I would like to disable the edit function on a specific issue for Team member role only.

Service Lead and other roles should be able to edit the issue and other issues on the project should stay with the default functionality.

I tried applying jira.issue.editable = false on the transition property but I am still able to edit the issue. This transition goes to a status which has no outgoing transitions.

2 answers

0 votes
Samantha Faye Carrie Binay June 11, 2021

I have an existing issue which I am using for template in ticket submission.

submit request button.PNG

This "Submit request" button clones the template issue. 

See workflow below;

wf submit request.PNG

There is no specific status on the submit request workflow. Is there another way to apply the "no edit permission for team member role" on this specific issue?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

The property you've tried is a step property, not transition.  Try adding it to the step (status) you want to stop them editing issues in.

For an example of usage, go find the Jira default workflow, copy it and edit the copy.  Look at the step labelled as "closed", you'll find "no edit" is set on that.

Suggest an answer