Difference of 8.20.1 & 8.20.2 versions

Varaprasad J November 30, 2021

Hi Team,

I just need to know the difference of 8.20.1 & 8.20.2 versions, and how the frequency  for each version release.

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Varaprasad J !  Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Latest release notes, including differences between 8.20.1 and 8.20.2 are here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-8-20-x-release-notes-1086411771.html

1 vote
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hello @Varaprasad J 

Welcome to the community. 8.20.x is an Long Term Release version, so the .x version part is updated on average once every 1-2 month with security enhancements only.

there tends to be 6-8 feature releases a year and 1 LTS. If you want stability you go with LTS and the patches are to further stabalize or add security. 
For latest and greatest you go with feature releases.

hope this helps!

clark

0 votes
Varaprasad J November 30, 2021

Thank you very much for explanation Clark, I am new to this JIRA & recently joined, what are all the new security/enhancement features are there for 8.20.2 compare to 8.20.1. id there any link for dig it more..  Because my client is asking to go with upgrade with 8.20.2.. previously my team has committed with 8.20.1.. so I just need compare these two,  I have seen some 6 closed issue's under 8.20.2, so for my comprehend if we upgrade with latest version then those issues and all it won't occur right..

for ex:  Intermittently, an attachment from a different issue opens from the thumbnail of an unrelated issue..

Suggest an answer