Dashboard - individual users

Iwona Kalinowska April 29, 2020

Hey everyone

I wanted to see your view on creating individual dashboard for all users in teams. This is to mainly overview the work in progress, due dates and some snapshot analysis with delivery.

I can see that I can have a team one and I can use some gadgets to personalize my own but to create for everyone in the team does not seem to have many options.

How do you tackle the issue? If you have more experience or success in creating one, can you please share?

Thanks a lot

7 answers

0 votes
Jehosúa Ibuarben May 1, 2020

Hi all,

I set up a couple of dashboards to share with my team leaders, with the key indicators for each one to check daily. To get all the relevant data for each one I set up the filters using ‘currentUser’ (I think) for assignee, reporter, etc. 

Recently the new PMO went a step further and set dashboards with new key indicators for all the different roles in the company (up to  4 different roles) to be checked daily and weekly. In those filters it is being used a different parameter. I don’t remember the exact name, but it retrieves the roles configured in each project (‘projectRole’ ?? 🤔). 

Hope this helps you. 
Best regards!

0 votes
William Naughton April 30, 2020

Hi,

Just to parlay on John's recommendation, when you create a filter and save it, there is an option under Export (top right of the screen) for Dashboard charts.  Select it and you can show the data as a gadget on a Dashboard.  I have used it just like you described and it has worked nicely.  Hope this helps.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2020

You need to create a filter for each person such as:

assignee = Adam

Then create a dashboard for Adam and put in the appropriate gadget for what you want to see and attach to the gadget.

0 votes

Yes! :) i want separate dashboards for eg. Adam, Michela, Eva, Anna etc but showing only their individual work and statistic. Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks a million for picking up!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2020

Let me take one at a time. 

You want a gadget on your dashboard that shows all of the issues assigned to each user? 

0 votes

Thank you John for prompt reply. 

Yes, I am able to create dashboards. The only issue I face is that for example, I would like to add to all dashboards - Assigned to me (individual name) gadget but with this I am not able to filter and indicate individual's name but only mine. Another one like that would be a pie chart view, where I can link this to the project however I am not able to filter by person's name to show various issue categories.

I did manage to customize calendar view as was able to create the filter by name - but this had to be added as a favourite in the Jira search itself and then i was able to use advanced search.

Another one I wanted to use was the issue statistics for individual team members but only for their assigned issues

It would be great, if someone overcome the same problems and shared in here.

Much appreciated!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2020

Hi Iwona,

You should be able to create as many Dashboards as you like. The filters used on the dashbaords will determine what data is displayed. And dashboards can be shared so that only certain people can see them. 

Suggest an answer