Daily log efforts in burn down chart

Mohan Gyara July 18, 2019

Hi Team,

I have time tracking enabled for our JIRA project, now I can log efforts on daily basis. But I can't see the efforts reflected in the burn down chart until I see the issue getting completed. Please help.

Regards,

Mohan

3 answers

0 votes
Mohan Gyara August 7, 2019

Hi Again,

I see the daily log efforts are reflected under "remaining time estimates" but the graph shows in negative hours for remaining hours. Is this expected behavior?

Suppose for a task I see 15h remaining, so today I logged effort of 4h, then the delta for the remaining time in the graph today for the task it shows as  -11h. Kindly confirm.

Regards,
Mohan

0 votes
Mohan Gyara July 22, 2019

Hi

Thank you for the reply :)

Well I have updated the same, but I am still not able to see it getting reflected on the graph for the tasks I have updated with log hours in the current on-going sprint. Will this work on the current on-going sprint tasks after I edited with original estimates and then logging hours?

In the graph, I chose "original estimates" and checked that the graph is still showing only competed issues but nothing on burnt hours (or logged hours).

Regards,
Mohan

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2019

Hi @Mohan Gyara 

I'm assuming that your burndown is using Story Points, in which case it is correct that an item has to be complete before the burndown chart reflects this.

To see change in the burndown on a daily basis, you will need to switch the burndown to use hours. Go to Board settings and click on Estimation, then choose Original time estimate from the dropdown and choose the bottom radio button

Suggest an answer