Cross project execution

Susmita Mitra May 22, 2019

I have a program which has 1 engineering director and PMs and other cross functional leaders. There is no dedicated Scrum Team. To execute such a program, my PM has created Project, Board and initiatives - Epics and US in Jira.

These US are then assigned to cross product and platform teams as those teams have to deliver . This is horizontal program which spans across all the verticals and horizontals.

As a result my program's engineering director clones these US and adds it to the Cross teams backlog. and andProgram Epics.

What is the best way to track Cross project programs in Jira ?

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2019

Yes, it can apply to any issue. Are you using the old JIRA issue view or the new one?

0 votes
Susmita Mitra May 22, 2019

Thanks. Does it also apply to Tasks? I dont see any Move option for Tasks.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2019

Hi Susmita - Welcome to the Community!

If I understand it correctly, I would have the engineering director Move the US to the appropriate project instead of cloning the issue, which would create multiple copies of the same US. 

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer