Creating comments from email sent to BCC not working

Cree Myers December 30, 2019

I know that we can add comments to ticket by emailing them. I've done this, and it works for us.  My issue is, the comment only gets added if the jira@email-address is in the TO or CC.  If I put it in the BCC the comment doesn't get added. 

The use case: I'd like to send an email status update to customers, and have it logged in the Jira ticket, but I want the JIRA@email-address hidden in the BCC so if the customer replies it does NOT get added as a comments.

3 answers

0 votes
Cree Myers December 31, 2019

I think I found a bug.  I created a new handler and BCC worked... until I set it to "Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body".  That's it, nothing more. I didn't even add the Sptil character.  Anything after that setting is in place, no matter what I do, BCC no longer works until I delete and re-create the handler.

0 votes
Cree Myers December 31, 2019

Thanks for the reply. Yes, It is set as described. 

I've sent 3 separate email tests.

1: with jira@email in the TO
2: with jira@email in the CC
3: with jira@email in the BCC

The TO and CC always work.  The BCC has yet to come thru in any configuration setting I've tried.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2019

Hmm.. From what I see you are using Cloud and actually the BCC should work there also, at least I am not aware that it would not work.. 

Do you have Catch Email Address set as described in

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-779288896.html

Suggest an answer