Could you support native cross-project releases (fix versions) without external apps?

Leila Hejazi June 7, 2022

Hi Jira Gang, 

Thank you for all the valuable updates you've made over the years. 🙏

Our organization would hugely benefit with the ability to share a release across projects. 

We do not want to use third party apps with our integration and instead have an extremely cumbersome process of creating duplicate releases across projects and filtering all tickets by these fix version names. In fact, I'm sure anyone using a "squad model" for development would have the same problem.

Please please please, is there anyway you could add cross-platform releases to your product roadmap? Turning a Release into a first class object that supports tickets from any project would be HUGE for us and I know we are not alone given the other related posts here requesting the same thing. Any organization with app developers spanning multiple projects will encounter this issue. 

I hope you consider this request! It would be game changing to our ease of release. 

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Leila Hejazi

Advanced roadmaps in the premium tier allows you to manage cross-project releases. 

Here are more details: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-cross-project-release-in-advanced-roadmaps/

Regards

Suggest an answer