It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Configuring JIRA with Issue Types

chandra C Jan 05, 2018

I  wonder if we could use "issue types" in multiple templates that is, can i have two screens associated to a project. For instance, I have project which is both a Support project (where we manage incidents, bugs etc.) and for the same project we manage enhancements as "a development project". 

If a user selects "issue type - enhancements" the user should get another screen with different fields that are not similar to the screen for "incidents, bugs" etc.

1 comment

Radek Dostál Jan 05, 2018

Hi Chandra,

First hit on google - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/issue-type-screen-scheme-868982924.html

Short answer is yes - you can have a different screen scheme for each issue type.

The documentation linked above will help - it describes the steps in a good and clear way.

Hope this helps,

/Radek

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Demo Den Ep. 5: Meet Jira Mobile

See how to use Jira on the go! Demo Den Episode 5 is here: meet Jira Mobile with  Jira  Product Manager Rayen Magpantay.  Demo Den is in our monthly series where a Jira PM demonstrates...

215 views 1 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you