Column option cannot be used as a filter

Arutkavi Gunasekaran July 10, 2017

I have a column option called "links" in my JIRA account

And i cannot sort or filter by using that column option. But i can able to filter/sort by other column options expect this option "Links". kindly give a support to this for my account

Links_filter_not_working.jpg

5 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

I can't think of one off the top of my head.

0 votes

Do we have any free add-on for that or any code referrence ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Possibly.

You need to add a new function to JIRA.  The normal, recommended way to do this is to use an add-on.

Three options are to

• write it yourself
  • find an add-on that does what you need and add that
  • find an add-on that allows you to write code directly inside JIRA and write the code in that. 

The third option is a mix of the first two options.  Scripting add-ons remove the need for you to write a whole add-on, but still need you to write some code to get your logic to run.

Your options are also limited by versions - Cloud/Connect add-ons are very different to Server ones.

0 votes

So I need to add a new script in my account i mean my domain or need to find a add-on for this? how if I create an add-on with JASON can I use my own code here?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

The link display function does not support searching, so you'd need to find or write an add-on that could provide the searcher for it, as well as something to hook into the function (it's not a field really, it's an informational display)

If you've got an add-on that provides scripted fields, you could take the links from the issue and display them in such a field, but you'd need to consider security and how that could be searched - I'd expect most scripted fields would only give you the option for a fuzzy text search.

Suggest an answer