Cloud platform performance and loading speeds

Jason M. October 8, 2021

Greetings!

We recently migrated to the Jira & Confluence Cloud Premium platforms over early summer (size - approx 250 users), but in the last couple months I've been receiving more complaints from end-users on the speed & performance of these services. Truthfully the complaints were there from the start, the contrast between Server to Cloud was pronounced, but we figured this would improve over time.

On the contrary, the speed & performance seems to have degraded over the last few months. The symptoms are sporadic 10-20 second load times for viewing/editing/creating tickets, occasionally needing to reload the entire page as it will just hang indefinitely, some add-ons can take 8-10 seconds to load their dashboard/macros, in Confluence an HTML macro would just fail completely showing as unavailable on the page & unable to edit (then the following day it would work fine).

These events are difficult to capture due to the nature of their occurrences but also seem to be symptoms of a larger problem overall, and our users are increasingly frustrated as a result. I know it will require a larger effort to pin down metrics & captures to make our case, and I've opened a support ticket as a result. 

My questions to the community are: 

1. Any other admins experiencing these complaints or noticing similar issues as well?  And have they progressed or diminished over time?
  2. If anyone can provide suggestions/recommendations for improving speed or if your issue was resolved, what steps were taken?

Also worth noting we're located in Chicago, US, and our data residency is as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 2.53.46 PM.png

Thanks for your time & consideration (also random shout-out to Ravi Sagar for your amazingly helpful & free Atlassian Scriptrunner/Automation/REST API courses!)

Kind regards,

Jason

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason M. October 25, 2022

This was addressed in prior performance updates late last year.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2022

Hi @Jason M_ ,

I have not experienced any issue of late. Regardless, I would report to Atlassian Support to have them check logs.

Suggest an answer