Changing a reporter

Muthu February 21, 2018

I created a production issue  task as a template and I want create multiple copies by using "Clone" option. During this process for all the cloned tasks reporter value not able to change

9 answers

0 votes
Muthu February 26, 2018

Ok thanks, let me check with system administrators for removing the permission and tryt it out

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2018

But, I need the suggestion for my earlier clarification - "Is there any way to make the reporter value defaulted to the person name who is doing the clone? "

As I have described above. Remove the 'cloner' the permission 'modify reporter'.

So long

Thomas

0 votes
Muthu February 25, 2018

Dear Thomas,

Good Morning ! Thanks for the update. Yes, it works now without administrator rights. I have added the resources against the developer role and it works for him. Now I understand the flow.  

But, I need the suggestion for my earlier clarification - "Is there any way to make the reporter value defaulted to the person name who is doing the clone? "

Because, we have defined the standard template JIRA issue under which 10 to 11 tasks are defined. So developer need to clone this template JIRA issue by which all sub tasks are also gets cloned. Now the problem is that the developer need to change the reporter value for the main tasks as well as sub tasks ... So is there any other alternate way to avoid this?

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2018

Dear @Muthu,

have you fixed it meanwhile? Did it work without Admin right?

So long

Thomas

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2018

Dear @Muthu,

this has nothing to do with admin rights. To clone issues, you need the permission "Browse Project" to see the original issue and the permission "Create Issues" to create a new one.

The permission are part of the Permission Scheme.

So long

Thomas

0 votes
Muthu February 22, 2018

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for the update. I got it and tried after giving the administrator rights. So now whoever having administrator rights alone are able to change this reporter value. Practically it is difficult to give adminstrator rights to all the members in the team. Is there any way to make the reporter value defaulted to the person who is doing the clone? Please advise.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2018

Dear @Muthu
first, your team member probably lacks the permission "Modify Reporter" - then he/she can change the reporter afterwards.

Bu if your team member cannot modify the reporter and he/she tries to clone, a dialog will appear:

image.png 

So long

Thomas

0 votes
Muthu February 21, 2018

Hi Louis,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I mean to say the field "Reporter" value not able to change. 

In detail, I created one  JIRA Production Issue task and some additional sub task. For all these task Repoter value is my name. When my team member clone this main Production Issues task he couldnt able to change the Reporter value in the main task as well as sub task.

Is there any way to change the reporter value automatically to the user who is creating cloning of the tasks and subtasks?

Looking forward your valuable suggestions. Thanking you

0 votes
louisdj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Hi, can you give some more information on the issue, as it is not clear for me what you mean with "report value not able to change"?

Suggest an answer