Change Default Issue Type Scheme

Ángela Alcoba May 30, 2017

As I remove the assignment from the Default Issue Type Scheme and assign it a schema created by me

Thank you very much

Angela

11 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

That is strange, you can just add one issue type scheme to your project, not two.

Adding an issue type scheme goes like that:

• Open your project
  • Click on "Project Settings" in the grey left pane
  • Click on Issue Types: 
  • issuetypes1.png
  • Select "Use a different scheme" from the dropdown:

• issuetypes2.png
  • Select your new Issue Type Scheme:

• issuetypes3.pngand click "OK" - that should do it

0 votes
Ángela Alcoba June 9, 2017

Good morning Thomas, sorry for the delay, I was using it incorrectly, I solve it. Thank you for your help.

Angela

Pradeep Dasari August 4, 2018

Hi Ángela Alcoba

Can u let m know how you solved it. I could not figure it out.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

Sorry, but you really can't avoid adding your issue type to the default scheme. Why do you need this default scheme?

0 votes
Ángela Alcoba June 2, 2017

Thomas excuse me for the insistence but it is not possible for me not to use the default schema because it attaches itself automatically. Do you know I can do this to not happen? How do I not use it?

Thank you very much!

Angela

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2017

I see, but that is not possible.

Every issue type you ever create in your jira instance will be added to the default issue type scheme.

The only solution is to not use the default issue type scheme.

0 votes

Correct, in the project if only one scheme of type of issue is allowed, but what I want is that an issue type does not share the schema. For example, I create the "New Test" type of Issue and I also create the "New Test Scheme" Issue type, automatically this issue type is configured with the Default Issue Type Scheme, in addition to the one I add to it. I want only my type of issue to correspond to my issue scheme. Do you understand?

Selección_458.png

0 votes

I do not want to delete the schema, I want to be able to change it for one created by me. Just what I decide is what I do, but what happens is that when I add mine, the default schema is still there, and I do not want it to use both, but only mine. How do I just leave my scheme?

0 votes

No quiero eliminar el esquema, quiero ser capaz de cambiarlo por uno creado por mí. Justo lo que decido es lo que hago, pero lo que sucede es que cuando añado la mía, el esquema predeterminado sigue ahí, y yo no lo quiero usar ambos, pero sólo mía. ¿Cómo puedo simplemente dejo mi esquema?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2017

Hi Angela,

no, you can't delete the default schema. It is always there and it has all issue types you create.

But you can create a new issue type scheme on your own that has only the types you want and then you have to assign this new issue type scheme to your project(s).

0 votes
Ángela Alcoba May 30, 2017

When I create a type of issue automatically associates with the default scheme of incidents, I do not want to use that schema but one created by me, which I can associate but I can not remove the default schema

Tari Levente August 29, 2023

Hello Angela,

We experienced the same but with Notification schemes. Did you find any solution to change the default scheme, where the Jira automatically associates the project?

Thanks 

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2017

Sorry, I don't understand your comment

Suggest an answer