Build Jira software

Alik Vasil July 7, 2020

I'm new to coding and was wondering if jira was a good place to start building from 

2 answers

0 votes
Satya July 7, 2020

Based on your question, seems you are starting your journey as coder, better to start with Python as per current programming language landscape and demand. (Although personally i would have started with C). 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2020

So, I'm a bit of a fan of Jira.  It has some quirks, has made some decisions I don't like, or find particularly bad, but I'm a fan.  I've yet to find a better issue tracker (for the range of complexities it covers - it's overkill for simple projects, and doesn't scale to bigger projects, but has apps and extensions that allow it to do so)

But as a starting point for a build of some software.  No.  Mostly.

If your development project is about extenidng the abilities of an issue tracker to do some clever stuff, then yes it is.  But if you're going to be coding for anything that isn't issue tracking, project management or Agile, then it's probably not a good starting point!

What type of development do you have in mind?

Suggest an answer