Automation error in transition without details

Tiago Cavalcanti May 26, 2021

Hello, first I'm sorry for my bad English.

I created an automation process in my project, but in some cases there is an error when making the transition, there are no details, manually I can make the transition, the "if" works, the strangest thing is that other issues work, follow print. Does anyone have any idea how I can investigate and fix this?jiraerror.PNG

5 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Sorry - I lost the notification of your update in my email. 

I do not use the built in automation that comes with JSM projects. I just use the Automation For Jira add-on because it gives more functionality and better notifications when something doesn't work. 

There is a Free Lite version and a paid Pro version if you are interested in that. 

Sometimes with problems for auto transitions using automation it is an issue with permissions for how the rule is executing. You might want to check the transition in the workflow to see if there are any Conditions or Validators that are getting in the way. 

0 votes
Tiago Cavalcanti May 28, 2021

@John Funk do you have any idea?

0 votes

in "automação" read up "automation"

0 votes

Hey John, I'm using JIRA Server, this automation is only visible in "service desk" projects, as far as I know it's not a JSM automation, I thought it was native to "service desk" projects, see this printjiraerror2.PNG

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi Tiago - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server? 

Is this a JSM Automation? 

Suggest an answer