Auto transition of Status after certain time

Vishal Tanna October 24, 2019

Kindly suggest some Add on through which I can able to implement Auto transition of Status, I have tried using  Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA  add-ons but got stuck in Escalation Services as it does not create new Escalation services. Kindly suggest some solution so that requirement can be fulfilled. 

7 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2019

Great! Glad it took care of your problem!

0 votes

Jira v7.12.3

Adaptavist ScriptRunner for Jira v5.6.2

Thanks for confirming about the installation. But for reinstalling, we were worried that we might not be able to get the Trial version again.

But anyways, our requirement is met with this other Automation for Jira add-on. So no worries.

Thanks anyway!

0 votes

Thank you so much @John Funk. This Automation Add-on worked wonders for us!

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Hi @Vishal Tanna 

What is your Jira version and ScriptRunner version. Yes it seems like it has not been installed correctly. Try reinstalling.

Ravi

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2019

Hi @Vishal Tanna - You might try Automation for Jira add-on and use the Scheduled trigger. 

0 votes

Hi Ravi,

My objective is to automatically transition any issue status from Resolved/Cancelled etc. to Closed after 5 days of inactivity.

For the same, I tried to follow the steps given in the documentation at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/escalation-service.html.

I have installed the trial version of Adaptavist ScriptRunner for Jira v5.6.2

However, I am stuck at the first step of creating an Escalation Service. The loader just keeps running, and never brings up anything. Please refer to the below screenshot.

image.png

Actually, I have this same issue everywhere else too, such as 'All Categories' under the Browse tab, Built in Scripts, or even if I try creating anything else under either of the tabs.

Does this mean that my Script-runner add-on has not been installed correctly? What if I uninstall and try reinstalling? Would it still allow me to install the trial version for the number of days remaining?

Please help! I have been struggling with this over the past few days.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Hi @Vishal Tanna 

What exactly is not working with the escalation service. There are some existing questions on this topic.

Ravi

Suggest an answer