It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Auto extract/update data from JIRA board or label to excel

Hi All,

I'm trying to create an external dashboard for tickets that I can auto update from JIRA information i.e. press a button on the dashboard and automatically update it with live information from JIRA. Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Thanks,

Cormac

2 comments

Nic Brough Community Leader May 05, 2017

Yes - a simple REST call from your dashboard application can return all the data from the issues on your board, in a format ready for your dashboard to easily reformat for display.

Thanks Nic, much appreciated. I'm not a developer myself so REST calls are a bit tricky for me but I can certainly start with that, knowing it's possible.

Based on the question summary, this looks you want to implement the dashboard in Excel and be able to refresh that with one click.

Better Excel Plugin provides both.

Hi Aron, yes, that's correct.

This solution requires further software, is there anything within JIRA to do this.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

[New] Jenkins for Jira Software Cloud and a way to connect your hosted apps

Jenkins is the leading open-source automation server used by startups and enterprise teams to build, test and deploy code to production.   We are excited to announce an official integration betw...

1,057 views 1 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you