Auto extract/update data from JIRA board or label to excel

Cormac O'Riordan May 5, 2017

Hi All,

I'm trying to create an external dashboard for tickets that I can auto update from JIRA information i.e. press a button on the dashboard and automatically update it with live information from JIRA. Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Thanks,

Cormac

5 answers

0 votes
Ana June 21, 2017

This solution requires further software, is there anything within JIRA to do this.

0 votes
Cormac O'Riordan May 8, 2017

Hi Aron, yes, that's correct.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

Based on the question summary, this looks you want to implement the dashboard in Excel and be able to refresh that with one click.

Better Excel Plugin provides both.

0 votes
Cormac O'Riordan May 5, 2017

Thanks Nic, much appreciated. I'm not a developer myself so REST calls are a bit tricky for me but I can certainly start with that, knowing it's possible.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2017

Yes - a simple REST call from your dashboard application can return all the data from the issues on your board, in a format ready for your dashboard to easily reformat for display.

Suggest an answer