Assign a user based on User Picker Picker Custom Field

Paul Glock July 6, 2021

My Goal is that when I create a issue type of story and someone updates a custom field called Business Analyst I want to automatically create a sub task and assign it to the business analyst.

The business analyst field is a custom field user pickers (single User)

Capture.PNG

I have attempted to do this in 2 ways to try and get it working.

Initially I created an automation which creates the sub task. The sub task is using a field value changed trigger on the business analyst. So you populated it and it generates a sub task.

I used the copy from function so it copied the the business analyst from the parent issue

Capture3.PNG

This did not assign an assignee. So I tried to do it on work flow creation

capture 3.PNG

This is also not successful. 

It seems really straight forward what I am trying to achieve and I can't really understand why it would not work unless the of course it is just not possible to assign a issue from a custom field.

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it

3 answers

1 vote
Paul Glock July 7, 2021

Hi John,

You legend!! It worked!

Hours lost but it was so simple :)

Paul

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hahaha - Thanks - I am glad it worked for you. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Hi Paul,

Try doing a copy from the Trigger Issue instead of the parent issue and see if that helps any. 

Suggest an answer