Appraisal or Performance Review with JIRA

Andy November 21, 2019

Hi everyone,

We tracked our tasks with JIRA, now I'm thinking to do utilize JIRA for a Performance Review.

Is there any best practice or suggestion anyone can share? Really appreciate this!

2 answers

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2019

Check out UpRaise for Employee Success

You can link OKRs to Jira tickets.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

Hi @Andy 

I don't have a detailed set of best practices but let me try to summarise few points.

• You can use an Issue Type called "Review". Create one issue per employee.
  • Use Security Level so that only the employee can see their issue/sub-tasks.
  • Create sub-tasks for various skills or objectives under that issue.
  • Use either a simple table to track planned and actual ratings under those sub-tasks.
  • To have a bit of automation you can use calculated fields (using ScriptRunner) to sum up the ratings.
  • Create a workflow that represents your appraisal process. Keep it simple. Employees can fill their ratings and managers can approve it.

Of course Jira won't replace a dedicate HR tool but I don't see any reason why Jira can't be use for this purpose as long as your needs are not complex.

Ravi

Suggest an answer