Application links

Onno van der Straaten October 26, 2020

Application links seem awfully buggy...still in latest Jira 8.13.0 and Bitbucket 7.6.0.

For some reason it requires hours of work to fix the link between Jira and Bitbucket.

We don't actually expect them to work right away but in the recent version there seem to be even more bugs associated with linking Jira and Bitbucket.

After multiple tries we managed to remove the link in Bitbucket. Now we are still stuck with the Jira link that is not working and refuses to go away.

You can choose to delete it hundreds of time. Jira will just barf up error messages each time. 

This is completely ridiculous. When is Atlassian going to fix the application links so that they don't become a software project in itself to be created or managed?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2020

Hi Onno,

yes, "Application links" can be a challenge - without reading the logs sometimes you are just lost. While I totally agree that it would be nice they would never fail and always be resilient as a watch from Switzerland I can assure you that you are not alone with these questions.

I am convinced you already know the documentation on the troubleshooing but I linked it nonetheless.
For the question when the links become more stable or less unlikely to fail I cannot give a general advise, though.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer